Thank you for your interest in employment at The North Carolina Arboretum. The Arboretum attracts a diverse and talented workforce that helps cultivate connections between people and plants. Please click on each linked position title below for more details about the available position and its requirements.
- Horticulture Specialist/Gardner (019123) – Open until February 13, 2016
- Horticulture Specialist/Gardner (019144) – Open until February 13, 2016
- Events Administrative Assistant (Temporary) – Open until February 14, 2016
The following documents must be received before your application will be processed:
- Completed North Carolina State Application form PD107 (and 107a if continuation pages are needed) is required for all positions. Please use continuation pages to list your entire job history.
- Federal Law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with this law, please include a Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form.
- Letter of application
- Other submissions may also be required, depending on the position for which you are applying. Please read the individual posting to confirm that you have submitted all materials requested. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application contains all required documents.
Application materials may be submitted in person, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (828) 665-8714, or by mail to:
The North Carolina Arboretum
Attn: Human Resources
100 Frederick Law Olmsted Way
Asheville, NC 28806-9315
If you have questions about a position posting, please call the Human Resources Office at 828.665.2492, Ext. 200.
You must notify us of each posted position for which you wish to be considered. We will retain your application materials for six months, and will be happy to direct your materials to hiring managers for multiple positions upon request.
The North Carolina Arboretum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
What Happens Next?
Applications will be reviewed and a limited number of candidates will be selected for interview based on how closely their qualifications match the criteria listed in the posting. The process will begin as soon as possible after the closing date (if one is listed) or at the hiring manager’s discretion (if the posting states “applications accepted until position is filled”). Candidates selected for interview will typically be contacted within two to three weeks after the closing date of the posting.
We deeply appreciate the interest of all those who apply to the Arboretum for employment. Unfortunately, time and resource constraints do not permit us to respond in person to each applicant. The status of searches will be posted on this web page so that you can follow the progress of each hiring process.
Other Job Opportunity Web Sites: