How does the Arboretum provide a safe outdoor learning experience?
- The Arboretum’s educators are highly qualified, enthusiastic individuals who take part in a rigorous interview process and are background checked prior to hire.
- Camp educators are First Aid and CPR certified.
- A minimum of one educator for every ten children is present for any outdoor activity, and a minimum of two adults are present with each group regardless of the size.
- During aquatic activities, overnight camp outs and off-site day trips, a minimum of one educator will be present for every six children.
- As an additional precaution the Arboretum’s Campus Police Officers are present on Arboretum grounds during hours of operation and are on call during overnight camp outs. Officers are Emergency Medical Technician certified.
What is a “rising grade?”
- Rising grade refers to the grade your child will enter in the 2016-17 school year.
What time does camp begin and end?
- Camp sessions begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at 4:00 p.m. (with the exception of overnight camp outs). Before care begins as early as 8:00 a.m. and after care ends at 5:00 p.m. and are both available for an additional charge.