Adult Education Cancellation and Program Policies
By registering online or with a mail in paper form, registrants need to be aware that the following program and cancellation policies are in effect.
- If you must cancel your registration for a class, your registration fees -minus a 15% processing charge- will be refunded if notice is received at least eight calendar days before the class begins. No refunds are made less than eight calendar days before the class begins or after the class begins. In the event that the Arboretum must cancel a class, you will be notified by phone or email, and you will receive a full refund.
- Your payment for your class reserves your seat. If you cannot attend, and it is too late to cancel and receive a refund, you may choose to send an alternate person in your place. If you are late for class, your seat will still be available for you. We do not transfer a registered student’s seat to last minute or walk-in students.
- Partial refunds are not available for unattended sessions of a class series.
- Each Student or Individual Arboretum Society Member may register for adult education courses at the discounted Member program fee. If they are not members of the Arboretum Society, guests and family members do not qualify for the discount and should be registered at the Non-Member program fee. Household and higher level Members can register all household members, including dependents, at the Member program fee.
- The program registration fee includes the Arboretum parking fee for all participants who are not Arboretum Society Members. Arboretum Society Members always park free.
- Please note that many Arboretum courses are held outdoors, and may require walking a moderate distance in a variety of weather situations. If you have any questions about a program’s physical requirements, please call the Arboretum Registrar at 828-665-2492, x200. We will be happy to assist you with any needs.
- Classes are held rain or shine – however, if inclement or severe weather threatens, please call the Arboretum phone number (828) 665-2492 for a recorded message.
- The Adult Education programs are for adults ages 18 over. The North Carolina Arboretum strives to offer a quality educational experience for each registered student and class sizes reflect this policy. Registered students cannot bring an unregistered guest of any age to class.