“There are realms in the plant world far beyond the wildest imaginations...”
A new exhibit Bizarre Botanicals, takes visitors on a curious scientific journey of some of the weirdest and most wonderfully strange survival adaptations in the plant kingdom.
The book “Bizarre Botanicals” was written by Paula Gross, assistant director of the University of North Carolina Charlotte Botanical Gardens; and Larry Mellichamp, professor of botany and horticulture at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte; with a forward by Tony Avent, horticultural explorer and founder/proprietor of Plant Delights Nursery. Timber Press.
Exhibit Information Overview
Bizarre Botanicals: The Exhibit features an astonishing array of plants that have extraordinary abilities — from pyrotechnic spores that can burst into flame when ignited to flowers that lure insects and mammals to their deaths.
Both the young and the seasoned scientist will be amazed by these stories of sex, death, and botanical wizardry. Discover the science and puzzling diversity of trickery, mimicry, weaponry and attraction in the strangest, most amazing and bizarre plants on earth.
2,500 Square Feet
• Requires a minimum of 1,600 sq.ft. - 2,500 sq. ft.
• 32 exhibits: hands-on interactive exhibits ~ table top units
• Instruction Manual and technical support, easy set-up
• Teachers Guide and Floor Staff Training Guide
• Media Kit
Cost & Terms of Rental
$25,000 / 3-Month Rental
• Rental fee is $25,000 for a 3 month booking; double bookings are available at a discount
• Shipped in on 48 ft. truck, host facility pays inbound shipping only
• $5,000 deposit required upon booking
• 2-3 day installation and takedown