Membership Benefits & Levels
- Student ($25)
- Individual ($45)
- Household ($60)
- Rhododendron ($125)
- Laurel ($250)
- Holly ($500)
All members receive:
- Free parking
- Discounts on education programs and at our gift shops, cafe and more
- Early notification and registration on education programs
- Discounts on education programs including Discovery Camp for Youth (Supporting, Household and Student members only)
- Invitations to member events
- Reciprocal privileges with more than 270 American Horticultural Society gardens nationwide
- Tax deductible contribution
Additional Benefits for Supporting Level Memberships
Rhododendron Membership ($125)
All Household level benefits, plus:
- Invitation to an exhibit opening
- Free admission to N.C Zoo (use Member Express Entry)
- Notification of plants for sale at the Arboretum
Laurel Membership ($250)
All Rhododendron benefits, plus:
- Arboretum Appreciation Plant...connecting our garden with yours
- Tax information: $235 of a Laurel level membership is tax deductible. If you prefer for your donation to be fully tax deductible, you can decline the Arboretum Appreciation Plant
Holly Membership ($500)
All Laurel benefits, plus:
- "Behind the Scenes" program with Arboretum staff
- Tax information: $490 of a Holly level membership is tax deductible. If you prefer for your donation to be fully tax deductible, you can decline the Arboretum Appreciation Plant.
If your garden club, organization or business is interested in a membership, please contact Member Services at 828.665.2492 or e-mail
Sustaining Level Memberships
Interested in investing in the future of the Arboretum? Contact our Development Department for information about our Leadership Giving Circle 828.665.2492 or e-mail
- Student and individual members receive one card.
- Household members may receive a card and discounts for all dependent members in the household.
- Cards for children are optional. Children receiving membership cards receive discounts (Discovery Camp for Youth included) and can visit free with a caretaker.
- Grandparents can receive cards for grandchildren.
- Members can bring guests in their personal vehicles.
- Member cards are not transferable.
Questions? Contact Member Services, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 828.665.2492 or e-mail