- plan a visit/event
- economic development
- Box Turtle Day
- Discovery Camp
- Citizen Science
- School Programs
- Youth/Family Programs
- Speaking of Gardening Symposium
- Adult Education Programs
- Blue Ridge Naturalist Certificate Program
- Professional Development
- Gardener's Green Shed
- Horticulture Industry IPM Symposium
- Mountain Science Expo
- National Climate Assessment Presentation
Commemorative Labels for Designated Tributes
In order to fulfill the expectations of donors to the Honor & Memorial Tribute program and maintain integrity of the garden setting, the following standards will apply to tribute labels:
- The nameplate will be made of anodized aluminum and will measure 2 1/2" by 5 1/2".
- In addition to the information about the tree (Latin name, common name, origin and family) the text will read "In honor of" or "In memory of" followed by the name as agreed upon by the family member or other contact person for the memorial fund.
- The nameplate will be mounted on a stake and placed at the base of the tree in a location deemed appropriate by Arboretum staff.
- The nameplate will be made of brass and will measure 7/8" by 4 1/8".
- The text will read "In memory of" or "In honor of" followed by the name as agreed upon by the family member or other contact person for the tribute fund.
- The nameplate will be mounted on the right side of the seat's front panel, as viewed from the front.