Operations Update – July 31, 2020
Please be aware of the following operational updates and restrictions in accordance with state and local guidelines related to COVID-19.
Current operations include:
- The Exhibit Hall and Restrooms are open inside the Baker Exhibit Center. (Please note: All guests ages 11 & older are required to wear a face covering inside the Baker Exhibit Center.)
- Bent Creek Bistro for window-service only, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Tuesday – Sunday. Outdoor seating is available in the Education Center Courtyard and Plaza.
- Connections Gallery Gift Shop is open daily from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. inside the Baker Exhibit Center. (Please note: A one-way routing system will be in place and we will be limiting the number of guests inside the shop at one time. Face coverings are required for guests 11 years and older.)
- Rocky Cove Railroad will reopen for the season beginning Saturday, August 1, and runs every Saturday & Sunday from 12 noon to 4 p.m. through October.
- Guest Services staff will be available for assistance on a limited basis at the Baker Exhibit Center Information Desk. Equipment, including geocaches, Discovery Backpacks and wheel chairs, will remain unavailable for check-out at this time.
- Outdoor access in the gardens and on the trails is open. Groups should keep a six-foot distance from others and wear a face covering outdoors if distance cannot be kept.
- The Arboretum will continue to operate under its traditional Fall/Winter Property Hours schedule for the remainder of the year. The property will be open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and the incoming gate will close one hour prior at 6 p.m. Facility access, including the Baker Exhibit Center and Bonsai Exhibition Garden, will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Only credit cards will be accepted for parking fee payment at the Gatehouse.
- Groups of 25 or more cannot gather together outdoors and groups of 10 or more cannot gather together indoors. Please continue to stay six feet apart from others when on the trails and in the gardens.
- Personal face coverings are required for guests ages 11 & older inside the Baker Exhibit Center. When outdoors, guests are encouraged to wear face coverings when they are unable to socially distant themselves from others while on the Arboretum property.
- Please follow all CDC guidelines regarding proper sanitation and hygiene measures; do not leave your home if you are showing any symptoms related to COVID-19, including a dry cough, fever, shortness of breath.
Thank you again for your loyalty and support. We look forward to seeing you soon!