COVID-19 Policies & Practices – Updated May 20, 2021
Please be aware of the following operational updates and restrictions in accordance with state and local guidelines related to COVID-19.
Current operations include:
- The Arboretum is currently operating under its Spring Property Hours schedule. The property is currently open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., with the incoming gate closing one hour prior at 8 p.m..
- The Baker Visitor Center and Bonsai Exhibition Garden are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Although the Education Center remains closed at this time, first-floor restroom access is available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. via the Bistro doors.
- The Connections Gallery Gift Shop is open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. inside the Baker Visitor Center.
- The Bent Creek Bistro is currently open for window service in the Education Center courtyard from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays. The indoor dining room remains closed at this time.
- The Rocky Cove Railroad has resumed operation for the season. Trains run Saturdays and Sundays from 12 noon to 4 p.m. through October (weather permitting).
- Guest Services staff are available for assistance at the Baker Visitor Center Information Desk.
- Under Executive Order 215 from the Office of Governor Roy Cooper, effective May 14, 2021, personal face coverings are no longer required at the Arboretum under most circumstances. Their use is up to individual choice.
- Youth education campers and staff involving youth will continue to wear masks through the end of the camp season, which ends in late August. Further determinations will be made when additional guidance is available.
Thank you again for your loyalty and support. We look forward to seeing you soon!