Continuing Education for Landscape Architects
The following classes have been approved for CEU credit with the North Carolina Board of Landscape Architects (NC BOLA):
- Ecological Design: Willow Pond; Thursday, June 6; 9:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Three hours LA CEU
- Designing for Diversity; Thursday, June 6, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Three hours LA CEU
- Reading the Historic Landscape; Friday, June 7; 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Three hours LA CEU
- Stormwater: Looking at the Whole Picture; Friday, June 7, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Three hours LA CEU
For more information, please contact Rebecca Caldwell, adult education coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-665-2492.
North Carolina Environmental Education Certification
The North Carolina Arboretum offers many opportunities to earn credit toward the North Carolina Environmental Education Certificate Program of the North Carolina Office of Environmental Education. This includes:
- Criteria I Credit (educator workshops such as Project WET, Project WILD, Methods of Teaching EE and Project Learning Tree).
- Criteria II Credit (guided trail walks, public event programs, many adult education classes).
- Criteria III Credit (simply enjoy the Arboretum on your own).
- Criteria V Credit (partner with a library, park or school to create a Citizen Science HotSpot).
Spring/Summer Criteria II Approved Classes:
- Spring Flora Identification
- Ecology of the Blue Ridge
- Mosses and Liverworts
- All About Bluebirds
- Spring Tree Identification
- Leading a Nature Walk
- Fire Ecology
- What’s Up Underground? Intro to Soils
- Summer Tree Identification
- Wildflower Hike
- Birding in the Balsams
- Summer Flora Identification
- Fungal Families of the Blue Ridge
- Woody Vines and Shrubs
- Birding by Ear
For more information, please contact Jonathan Marchal, youth education manager, at email@example.com or 828-665-2492.