Program Policies & Safety Protocols
The Arboretum is incorporating rigorous safety protocols around COVID-19 as recommended by health professionals. These include:
- Classes will occur entirely outdoors.
- All classes will be limited to 12 students and be co-instructed by a minimum of two staff.
- Similarly aged siblings will be enrolled in the same class group.
- Rigorous sanitation protocols for equipment will be followed between uses.
- Children and staff will receive health checks upon arrival.
- Indoor and restroom breaks are limited to no more than 15 minutes and include masks (dependent on the Buncombe County Community COVID-19 Level outlined below) and social distancing.
- Please review our Safety Guidelines.
Youth Education’s policy regarding mask use is based upon the current Buncombe County Community COVID-19 Level, according to the CDC. This is effective beginning Friday, March 11, 2022. Note that we are presently within the Green category.
CDC Guidance: Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines; Get tested if you have symptoms
TNCA Youth Education: Masks are optional for staff and participants indoors and outdoors.
CDC Guidance: If you are at high risk for severe illness, talk to your healthcare provider about whether you need to wear a mask and take other precautions; Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines; Get tested if you have symptoms
TNCA Youth Education: Masks are optional for staff and participants outdoors, but required indoors.
CDC Guidance: Wear a mask indoors in public; Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines; Get tested if you have symptoms; Additional precautions may be needed for people at high risk for severe illness
TNCA Youth Education: Masks are required for staff and participants outdoors and indoors.
Family Agreement and Medical/Liability Form
Adherence to the Arboretum’s policies and procedures is required of all participants to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all. Parents and children are required to review, initial and sign our Family Agreement and submit it by February 25, 2022 for the 6-week program, or by April 15, 2022 for the 5-week program. You must also complete the Medical and Liability Form and return it to Rich Preyer, OAK Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Family Agreement for the 6-week OAK Class
Medical/Liability Form for the 6-week OAK Class
Family Agreement for the 5-week OAK Class
Medical/Liability Form for the 5-week OAK Class