**Please note: due to inclement weather in the forecast, ArborEvenings has been canceled for tonight, Friday, June 11. We hope to see you another night to kick off another summer of ArborEvenings.**
Sip and stroll through the Arboretum’s gardens and experience our Wild Art outdoor sculpture showcase in the glow of the golden hour, all while listening to live music from a variety of local and regional artists! ArborEvenings runs Thursdays and Fridays, June 10 through October 1, 2021, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m., with only a few exceptions (noted below). Beverages will be available for purchase onsite and via pre-order along with delicious food from the Bent Creek Bistro. Live music will begin at 5:30 p.m. on the event lawn outside the Baker Visitor Center.
There is no additional cost to attend ArborEvenings beyond our standard parking fee. As always, Arboretum Society members and their accompanying guests can enter for FREE (guests must be in member vehicles to receive free entry). Proceeds from ArborEvenings help support the The North Carolina Arboretum Society and further advance the Arboretum’s mission.
Food & Beverage Service
We are pleased to share that the Bent Creek Bistro will be offering their delicious dining options at ArborEvenings via pre-order this year! Simply place your online order — including alcoholic beverages — up until 11 a.m. on the date you plan to attend, then pick up your order at the Baker Information Desk between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.. (In the event of rain cancellation, pre-orders will be fully refunded.)
Beverages will also be for sale onsite at the Green Gardener’s Shed from 5:30 to 8:15 p.m. each night of the event. Outside alcohol is not permitted; however, guests are welcome to bring their own picnic fare or other outside food.
Thursday 6/10 – Steve Newbrough (Classical/Fingerstyle Guitar) will play for the full event starting at 5:30 p.m. — *CANCELED*
Friday 6/11 – Ryan Furstenberg (Quirky Country Soul) will play for the full event starting at 5:30 p.m. — *CANCELED*
- Stay tuned for more artists!
Know Before You Go
- Parking fees will be collected at the gate upon arrival, and members must present valid card for free entry. Pre-registration is not required.
- Restroom access will be available during ArborEvenings through the Baker Visitor Center.
- Guests are invited to explore A Life in the Wild, a breathtaking exhibition of photographs from Thomas D. Mangelsen; however, food and drink are not permitted inside the Exhibit Hall.
- Leashed dogs are welcome at ArborEvenings, but are not permitted inside of buildings.
- To protect our lawn, blankets are not permitted at the event; however, guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs to set up in front of the musicians.
- Due to existing event bookings, ArborEvenings will not take place on the following dates: Fridays, June 25, July 9, August 6 and September 3 and 10.