Sip and stroll through the Arboretum’s gardens and experience our Wild Art outdoor sculpture showcase in the glow of the golden hour, all while listening to live music from a variety of local and regional artists! ArborEvenings runs Thursdays and Fridays, June 10 through October 1, 2021, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m., with only a few exceptions (noted below). Beverages will be available for purchase onsite, and guests who plan ahead can pre-order select food options from the Bent Creek Bistro. Live music will begin at 5:30 p.m. on the event lawn outside the Baker Visitor Center.
There is no additional cost to attend ArborEvenings beyond our standard parking fee. As always, Arboretum Society members and their accompanying guests can enter for FREE (guests must be in member vehicles to receive free entry). Proceeds from ArborEvenings help support the The North Carolina Arboretum Society and further advance the Arboretum’s mission.
Beer, Wine, and soft drinks will be for sale onsite at the Green Gardener’s Shed from 5:30 to 8:15 p.m. each night of the event. Outside alcohol is strictly prohibited, but guests are welcome to bring in water or a favorite non-alcoholic beverage.
Food Available for Pre-Order, Picnics Welcome
Although the Bent Creek Bistro will not be open during the event, we are pleased to share that they will be offering their delicious dining options at ArborEvenings via pre-order this year! Simply place your online order — including alcoholic beverages — up until 11 a.m. on the date you plan to attend, then pick up your order at the Baker Information Desk between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. (In the event of rain cancellation, pre-orders will be fully refunded.)
Guests are welcome to bring in outside food and non-alcoholic beverages. However, outside alcohol is strictly prohibited.
Beverages will be for sale onsite at the Green Gardener’s Shed from 5:30 to 8:15 p.m. each night of the event; however, since the Bistro itself will not be open during ArborEvenings, food will only be available to attendees via the pre-order system. Guests are welcome to bring their own picnic fare or other outside food, but please note that outside alcohol is prohibited.
Thursday 6/17 – Ryan Furstenberg (Quirky Country Soul) will play the full event starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Friday 6/18 – Steve Newbrough (Classical/Fingerstyle Guitar) will play the full event starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday 6/24 – HeartStrings Duo (Classical & Pop Arrangements) will play the full event starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday 7/1 – Old Men of the Woods (Easy Listening) will play from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m. & Just Rick (Classic & Original Tunes) will play from 7:15 – 8:30 p.m.
- Friday 7/2 – Daniel Shearin (Acoustic/Singer-Songwriter) will play from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m. & 5J Barrow (Folk Rock/Americana) will play from 7:15 – 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday 7/8 – Juan Holiday (R&B/Soul) will play from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m. & Jackson Grimm (Folk/Bluegrass) will play from 7:15 – 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday 7/15 – Liz & Elizabeth (Folk/Americana) will play from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m. & Red Echo Lab (Pop/Soul/Jazz) will play from 7:15 – 8:30 p.m.
- Friday 7/16 – Kevin Williams (Country/Americana) will play from 5:30 – 6:45 p.m. & Steve Newbrough (Classical/Fingerstyle Guitar) will play from 7:15 – 8:30 p.m.
- Stay tuned for more artists!
Know Before You Go
- Parking fees will be collected at the gate upon arrival, and members must present valid card for free entry. Pre-registration is not required.
- Restroom access will be available during ArborEvenings through the Baker Visitor Center.
- Guests are invited to explore A Life in the Wild, a breathtaking exhibition of photographs from Thomas D. Mangelsen; however, food and drink are not permitted inside the Exhibit Hall.
- Leashed dogs are welcome at ArborEvenings, but are not permitted inside of buildings.
- To protect our lawn, blankets are not permitted at the event; however, guests are welcome to bring lawn chairs to set up in front of the musicians.
- Due to existing event bookings, ArborEvenings will not take place on the following dates: Fridays, June 25, July 9, August 6 and September 3 and 10.