Please note: Beginning Thursday, September 17, ArborEvenings will be extended! The event will be held every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 6 to 11 p.m. through September 26 (incoming gates close one hour prior at 10 p.m.). Guests can enter anytime between 6 – 10 p.m.
Sip and stroll through the Arboretum’s gardens and experience the Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks exhibit after dark while listening to live music from a variety of local and regional artists. Beverages and food will be available for purchase from Bent Creek Bistro and live music will begin at 6 p.m. Leashed dogs and lawn chairs are welcomed.
A special admission price of $5 per person for non-members is required, collected at the gate (kids 4 & under are free); Arboretum Society members and their accompanying guests can enter for FREE (guests must be in member vehicles to receive free entry). Parking fees do not apply for ArborEvenings. Proceeds from ArborEvenings will help support the The North Carolina Arboretum Society and further advance the Arboretum’s mission.
In addition, ArborEvenings will raise a special glass this year to those who are affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Ten percent of all proceeds from this year’s event series will be donated directly to MANNA FoodBank, the Feeding America food bank serving over 100,000 people facing hunger across 16 counties of Western North Carolina. A food collection will also be on-site for MANNA. Please click here for a list of acceptable items.
- Thursday, September 17 – Old Men of the Woods 6 – 8 p.m. (folk) & Ryan Furstenberg 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. (folk) – CANCELLED
- Friday, September 18 – Red Echo Lab 6 – 8 p.m. (jazz/pop) & Daniel Shearin 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. (folk)
- Saturday, September 19 – Hope Griffin 6 – 8 p.m. (folk) & Steve Newbrough 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. (classic guitar)
- Thursday, September 24 – Ryan Furstenberg 6 – 8 p.m. (folk) & Hope Griffin 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. (folk)
- Friday, September 25 – Old Men of the Woods 6 – 8 p.m. (folk) & 5j Barrow 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. (folk)
- Saturday, September 26 – Ryan Furstenberg 6 – 8 p.m. (folk) & Daniel Shearin 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. (folk)
Know Before You Go
- Pre-registration is not required. Admission fees will be collected at the gate upon arrival and members must present valid card for free entry.
- Please bring a face covering in the event social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Bent Creek Bistro will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. with its full menu; the grill will be open along the Grand Garden Promenade beginning at 5 p.m. and beverages/light snacks will be open at Bent Creek Bistro’s window from 8 to 9 p.m.
- Space is limited and guests may be turned away at the gate should the parking lot reach capacity.