The Arboretum’s popular ArborEvenings summer after hours series will return this season with a special LEGO twist. Held every Thursday, Friday and Saturday, July through September, from 8 to 11 p.m. (incoming gate closes at 10 p.m.), guests are invited to sip and stroll through the Arboretum’s gardens and experience the Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® Bricks exhibit after dark while listening to live music from a variety of local and regional artists. Snacks are available for purchase, along with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
A special admission price of $5 per person is required, collected at the gate (kids 4 & under are free). Parking fees do not apply for ArborEvenings. Proceeds from ArborEvenings will help support the The North Carolina Arboretum Society and further advance the Arboretum’s mission.
In addition, ArborEvenings will raise a special glass this year to those who are affected by the COVID-19 crisis. Ten percent of all proceeds from this year’s event series will be donated directly to MANNA FoodBank, the Feeding America food bank serving over 100,000 people facing hunger across 16 counties of Western North Carolina.
Please note, ArborEvenings will not occur on August 15. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Leashed dogs are welcome in our gardens during ArborEvenings, but please be mindful of others by picking up after your pet. Only service animals are permitted inside buildings and the Bonsai Exhibition Garden.
- Friday, August 7 – John Emil (slide guitar)
- Saturday, August 8 – Banjo Mitch (Appalachian)
- Thursday, August 13 – Banjo Mitch (Appalachian)
- Friday, August 14 – Steve Newbrough (classic guitar)
- Saturday, August 15 – Hope Griffin (folk)
- Wednesday, August 19 – John Emil (slide guitar)
- Thursday, August 20 – 5j Barrow (folk)
- Friday, August 21 – Ryan Furstenburg (folk)
- Saturday, August 22 – Banjo Mitch (Appalachian)
- Thursday, August 27 – Seth and Sara (folk)
- Friday, August 28 – Liz & Elizabeth (folk)
- Saturday, August 29 – Steve Newbrough (classic guitar)
*Please check back for further music updates*
Members of The North Carolina Arboretum Society are invited to attend a special “Membership Connects” ArborEvenings event on the third Wednesday of each month, July 15, August 19 and September 16, from 8 to 11 p.m. This event is only open to Arboretum Society Members and their accompanied guests and entry fees will be waived with a valid membership card upon arrival. To further support MANNA FoodBank, the Arboretum will have a food collection bin on-site at the “Membership Connects” nights. Learn More Here