The gate to The North Carolina Arboretum currently opens at 8 a.m. and closes to daytime visitors at 5 p.m.
Beginning Friday, November 22 and continuing through Saturday, January 4, the gates will reopen to incoming traffic at 6 p.m. for our separately-ticketed Winter Lights holiday light show and will remain open until 9 p.m.; however, Winter Lights visitors that are already inside the gates are welcome to remain on site until the outgoing gates close at 10 p.m.
Please note that the hours for individual buildings and certain amenities differ from general property hours and may change seasonally, as outlined above.
- Members: Free
- Personal Vehicles: $14
- Motorhomes / Vehicles (21’ or larger): $50
- Buses: $100
*There are no other admission charges required for visitors to access the Arboretum’s grounds and facilities during the day beyond the standard parking fees listed above. Cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express credit/debit cards are accepted at the front gatehouse.
- AAA Members receive $1 off personal vehicle parking fees (valid cards must be presented at the gate).
- AHS Reciprocal Garden Members receive free parking for personal vehicles (valid cards must be presented at the gate).
- Check out a Buncombe County Library Zoom Pass to receive free parking to the Arboretum (reservations required).
- Active/retired veterans receive free parking on Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day.
- First Tuesday of every month, the Arboretum offers a 50% discount on personal vehicle parking.