Changes to Public Access
Please note: The Arboretum's Education Center remains closed at this time.
- Members: Free
- Personal Vehicles: $16
- Motorhomes / Vehicles (21’ or larger): $50
- Buses: $100
Apart from the parking fee, there is no other admission charge to enter the Arboretum or our facilities, except in the case of advertised ticketed events.
Guests can apply their personal vehicle parking ticket towards an Arboretum Society Membership by signing up on-site or contacting Membership Services after their visit (must keep parking ticket with you to redeem).
- AAA Members receive $1 off personal vehicle parking fees (valid cards must be presented at the gate).
- AHS Reciprocal Garden Members receive free parking for personal vehicles (valid cards must be presented at the gate).
- Check out a Buncombe County Library ZOOM Pass or Henderson County Library ZOOM Pass to receive free parking to the Arboretum (reservations required).
- Active/retired veterans receive free parking on Memorial Day and Veteran’s Day.
- First Tuesday of every month, the Arboretum offers a 50% discount on personal vehicle parking.
Become a member today!
Discover, connect, belong. The benefits of membership with The North Carolina Arboretum Society extend far beyond free parking.
Best Address for GPS:
20 Frederick Law Olmsted Way
Asheville, NC 28806
Please note: Many GPS units do not correctly identify the Arboretum’s location within the Bent Creek Experimental Forest, therefore we DO NOT recommend the use of a GPS device for navigation to the Arboretum. If your navigation system directs you to the Arboretum service entrance off Wesley Branch Road, please turn back and follow the road to the traffic light. Turn right (south) onto Brevard Road/Hwy. 191 and continue in the right lane, which will become a turn only lane. Turn right at light and the entrance to The North Carolina Arboretum is ahead on the right.