Plan a Visit
Just as our experience of nature is intimate, visitors to The North Carolina Arboretum in Asheville, NC, connect with plants in personal ways that are as diverse and rich as the land itself.
Whether you enjoy strolling through gardens, exploring exhibits, enriching your mind or hiking and biking, the Arboretum offers activities for all ages, including:
- A 434-acre natural treasure with 65 acres of cultivated gardens and 10 miles of hiking and biking trails
- Engaging indoor and outdoor exhibits that cultivate connections between people and plants
- One of the finest, most unique bonsai collections in the United States at the Bonsai Exhibition Garden
- Activities such as Discovery Day Packs and special events that delight the senses for all ages
- Regional offerings and unique items at the gift shop
- Enriching adult and youth education programs
Parking is $12 per personal vehicle, $50 per commercial vehicle, and $100 for buses/motorcoaches (vehicles 21' or longer are charged the bus/motorcoach rate). Cash and check are accepted at the Gatehouse; Visa and MasterCard are accepted at the Gatehouse but limited to parking fee only. Parking is always free for members. No other admission fees are required beyond the standard parking fees.
To view or download a map of our gardens and trails, please click here.
The Arboretum’s Education Center, Baker Exhibit Center, and gardens are wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs are available for visitors to borrow at no charge in the Education Center and the Baker Exhibit Center. If you have a request or question, please contact us at 828.665.2492.
Dogs are welcome on property, but must be kept on a leash at all times. Only service animals are permitted in buildings. Please be mindful of our gardens and other guests by picking up after your pet.
Special room rates for friends of the Arboretum are made possible by our Community Partner