Weekly Guided Trail Walks
From April – October, The North Carolina Arboretum offers free weekly guided trail walks. Walks begin in the Baker Exhibit Center lobby and are limited to 10 people, including the guide.
Volunteer Interpretive Guides lead small groups on one of the Arboretum’s many trails. Topics and featured trails will vary based on weather, trail conditions, and each guide’s area of expertise.
Tips and Information for Guided Trail Walk Participants:
- Guided Trail Walks are recommended for guests 14 years or older. Participants under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Guided Trail Walks are rain or shine and all participants should be dressed comfortably and for the weather.
- Hikes cover 1-2 miles and last 1.5-2 hours.
- Well-behaved leashed pets are welcome to accompany their owners. In the rare case that a pet is disruptive or negatively impacts the experience, the pet and its owner may be asked to excuse themselves from the guided walk.
How To Sign Up For A Guided Trail Walk
Walks are FREE, however, donations to The North Carolina Arboretum Society are appreciated. Regular parking fees apply.
Space is limited and advance registration is encouraged.
Pre-registered participants must check in at the Baker Information Desk no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled program to keep their spot. Unclaimed spots will be offered to other guests.
Guests may sign up for trail walks in the following ways:
- Pre-register online, using the the link below.
- Sign up in-person at the Baker Information Desk.
Guided Trail Walks – Tuesdays and Saturdays at 1p.m.
At this time, no more than 6 spaces on any one Guided Trail Walk may be filled by a single family/group through pre-registration. If additional spaces are available on the day of the Walk, additional members of the family/group may participate. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to welcoming larger groups in the future.